How much information do you know about electric scooters? As an electric scooter rider, you need to be well informed about maintaining your device as well as safeguarding yourself. This will save you on extra expenses and accidents that may come along with your scooter.
- The following are some important 8 tips about electric scooter you can’t afford to miss.
- 1. Ensure that you put on protective garments and use safety equipment during the ride
- 2. Ride only on scooters in proper working conditions
- 3. Pay attention to the speed limits and ride responsibly
- 4. Choose paths carefully and keep left always
- 5. Use rear brakes to control motion when braking is necessary
- 6. Use an approved charger and turn off the scooter while charging the battery pack
- 7. Take precautions in cases of riding in the rain
- 8. Finally, it has to be a solo ride always
The following are some important 8 tips about electric scooter you can’t afford to miss.
1. Ensure that you put on protective garments and use safety equipment during the ride
Use helmets, safety pads for the knees and elbows, and wrist guards. You should also ride only in shoes and never when barefooted.
These safety measures will protect you from injuries such as bruises, sprains, head and spinal injuries in case of an accident. Wear clothes that are easily visible such as reflective jackets to raise an alarm to other vehicle drivers.
2. Ride only on scooters in proper working conditions
A faulty e-scooter poses a great danger not only to yourself but also to other riders or people around you. Therefore, ensure that the brakes, tires and both front and rear lights are working properly. The tire’s pressure should always be sufficient.
3. Pay attention to the speed limits and ride responsibly
Be keen when you are approaching any entrances, junctions, and crosswalks. If need be, stop and push your scooter or you can just slow down and be in a position to stop with ease. Pay very close attention to traffic lights.
4. Choose paths carefully and keep left always
It is important to consider roads with minimum imperfections such as potholes and puddles. Speed bumps are also part of the imperfections that you should watch out for. Most importantly, keep your focus while on the road keep left at all times.
5. Use rear brakes to control motion when braking is necessary
Applying the front brakes will increase the chances of slipping on your scooter. Do not brake instantly unless it is important because it may easily lead to wheel locking. This may cause loss of balance and ultimately prompt to falling off the scooter. In short, always break gently.
6. Use an approved charger and turn off the scooter while charging the battery pack
The charger’s lights should be working properly. Always refer to the scooter’s user guide for insights on proper charging habits. Store your charger in areas that are cool, dry and clean. Enhance your battery’s life by switching off the e-scooter when not in use
7. Take precautions in cases of riding in the rain
Muddy wet roads tend to cause difficulty to the rider while navigating. On this account, be cautious and lower your speed to make it a bit useful. Stop immediately when lightning and heavy storms strike as they would cause fatalities.
8. Finally, it has to be a solo ride always
An electric scooter is not meant to carry the weight of two people. It simply can’t bear. Hence, ride alone to be safe. With the guidelines above you can easily maintain your scooter running safely and make it last longer.
As a matter of course, scooting is one of the most fun recreational activities. Every other junior would love to experience these rides every so often.