Good hunting demands a quality optical scope. If you wish to get a high-quality scope and save your money, then the best rifle scope under 500 would be the best pick. Here we listed a few quality and popular products from the best optics companies.
You don’t need to be a serious rocket scientist while you are searching for a good quality rifle scope. Always a scope needs to give his shooter a clear and good view of their target. This is the first job of a rifle scope. Features of eye relief, the field of view and light transfer may vary the quality of the scope.
So, learning or checking a few things before choosing your rifle scope is so much important. Here we tried to get those essential things in our guideline discussion which you need to check first.
Our 3 Top Rifle Scopes Less Than $500 Dollars
- Our Best Picks Rifle Scope under $500 2019
- Nikon Buckmasters II, 4-12x40mm, BDC, Riflescope
- UTG 3-9X32 1 Bug Buster AO RGB Scope
- Nikon Buckmasters II 3-9x40mm BDC 1 in Waterproof Matte Riflescope
- CVLIFE Optics Hunting Rifle Scope 6-24×50
- Pinty 2.5-10×40 Red Green Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope
- Vortex Optics Crossfire 2 Riflescopes
- Vortex Optics Diamondback Second Focal Plane Riflescopes
- Feyachi Tactical 8-32×50 Rifle Scope
- QUICK LIST: Best Rifle Scope Under $500
- Buying Guide for Best Rifle Scope
- Rifle Scope Maintenance/Care
- FAQ About Rifle Scope
- Final Words
Our Best Picks Rifle Scope under $500 2019
- Extremely bright sight picture: Allows for high-resolution images even when hunting in the least desirable conditions.
- Fully multicoated lenses offer increased light transmission for dawn to dusk brightness.
- Patented BDC reticle.
- Versatile magnification range offers the flexibility needed for any type of hunting situation, from heavy timber to the open prairies.
- Waterproof, fogproof and shockproof.
In any condition, this Nikon Buckmasters 2 can provide you necessary light transmission because it’s multi coated lenses. It allows any shooter for bringing immediate sharp focus with quick focus eyepiece.
During hunting any critical situation such as fog or rain, it has the ability to produce a high-regulation picture. There is no need for parallax correction because it gives you fасtоrу-ѕеt feature at 100 уаrdѕ.
Maintaining the setting becomes easy and quicker because of it’s precise, hand-turn 1/4-MOA click adjustments even with heavy recoil. For saving your eyes and successful hunting it has consistent eye relief. So, it keeps your eyes and brows safe. It’s one of the best illuminated rifle scope.
- Parallax Free View from 3 Yards to Infinity.
- Sunshade adaptable and eye protective.
- Quick adjustment facility.
- Large exit pupils.
- Not perfect for budget-conscious shooter.
- Lack of relaxed shooting stance.
- BEWARE OF COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS SHIPPED DIRECTLY FROM CHINA
- 1 Inch Tube with Emerald Coating for Maximum Light Transmission, Premium Zero Lockable & Resettable Turrets with 1/4 MOA Per Click Adjustment
- Range Estimating Mil-dot Reticle for Optimal Aiming and Shooting Performance, Adjustable Objective from 3 Yards to Infinity
- Red/Green Dual Illumination for Versatile Applications, Large Field of View and Most Accommodating Eye Relief for Optimum Critical CQB Mission
- Complete with 2" Sunshade, High Quality Flip-open Lens Caps and Quick-detachable Rings
- Built on True Strength Platform, Completely Sealed and Nitrogen Filled, Shockproof, Fog proof and Rainproof
If anyone has no prior experience in hunting, this UTG 3-9X32 RGB Scope is most helpful for them with its red and green illumination. That’s why it becomes the best rifle scope for deer hunting.
You can rely upon this scope in any poor condition due to fog or rain because it has enhanced visibility. Very importantly, adjusting to any wide-angle, the scope comes with a parallax-free view even close to 3 yards to the Infinity.
- Aiming at target works great even in dark because of lighted reticle.
- The optics are quite sharp than others.
- Compact design makes appeal.
- Durable scope design.
- Eye relief is limited because of compact design.
- Scope is focused on beginners.
Nikon Buckmasters II 3-9x40mm BDC 1 in Waterproof Matte Riflescope
- Extremely bright sight picture
- Fully multicoated lenses
- Patented BDC reticle
- Generous, consistent eye relief
- Waterproof, fog proof, shockproof
In some condition, we like to have a view of the target through the dotted circle. Here, this Buckmasters 2 3-9x40mm helps to see the target more deeply with the ВDС rеtісlе fеаturе on it.
The high regulation picture is essential during the hunting, and this scope is helpful in this issue with its bright sight picture. This waterproof riflescope also offers a substantial amount of eye relief.
- Excellent warranty and replacement program.
- Markers help to see the aiming target.
- Weatherproof with fog and water.
- Fully multi-coated lenses.
- The eye relief seems a bit short and reduced image quality.
- Quality control issues and non-illuminated reticle.
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Field Of View: 28 ft @ 100 yards
- Click Value: 1/8 inch @ 100 yards
- Illuminated Type of the rifle scope: Red and Green
For both long and close range successful shooting, wіndаgе аnd еlеvаtіоn аdјuѕtmеnts are essential. CVLIFE hunting scope can make your short range shooting accurate with its laser feature. It could fit perfectly and work efficiently with a hunting rifle.
The power of magnification will help you during hunting with 6-24X, and it is perfect. Its field of view is 28 feet at 100 yards, and the click value is 1 of 8 inches at 100 yards ensures smooth shooting.
The quality of its glass like an expensive scope turns it as the best hunting scope with minimal cost. Overall, its scope is sturdy enough and well-made.
- Built-in laser sight and Illuminated reticle.
- Handles recoil and 2 types of mounts.
- Quality of zoom is excellent.
- The power of the scope is great.
- Loose construction and lack of instructions.
- Will not fit will all types of rifles.
- FIELD OF VIEW: Magnification 2.5-10X with 40mm objective, field Of View: 100 yards of 32.5' @ 2.5x - 8.9' @10x, laser range up to 100 yards.
- MULTI-COATED GREEN OBJECTIVE LENS, boast higher light transmittance for better clarity performance compared to blue objective lens.
- RED AND GREEN ILLUMINATED RETICLE, 5 brightness levels for all environments.
- A QUALITY COMPLET SET OF LASER SCOPE, Solid aluminum alloy construction, quick and secure attachment to all Picatinny or Weaver rails.
- WATERPROOF, FOG PROOF PERFORMANCE, Nitrogen filled and O-ring sealed for waterproof, fog proof performance.
When you need a rifle scope for min range shooting; this Pinty 2.5-10×40 would be the best tactical scope because it’s specially designed for short range shooting.
If you need aiming the target with a laser sight, it has a red laser combo. Its secure and quick attachment feature to any Weaver rails or Pica tinny turn it as the best low light scope. For ensuring the quality of the lens and higher light, this Pinty 2.5-10×40 has a higher light transmittance feature for better clarity with the multi-coated lens.
- Ensure durability with durable metal and high grade optics.
- Perfect for short-range range shooting.
- Red laser sight ensures the close quarter targets.
- Elevation and wind age adjustment.
- Not so easy to adjust
- The 6-18x44 Adjustable Objective Crossfire II riflescope is one of many configurations in the Crossfire II line. The Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for hunting/shooting at varying ranges where estimating holdover is a concern.
- The adjustable objective provides image focus and parallax removal to the shooter while anti-reflective, fully multi-coated lenses provide bright and clear views.
- With long eye relief and an ultra-forgiving eye box, you'll be able to quickly get a sight picture and acquire your target. The fast focus eyepiece allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Capped reset turrets are finger adjustable with MOA clicks that can be reset to zero after sighting in.
- A single piece tube constructed from aircraft grade aluminum ensures strength and shockproof performance. O-ring sealed and nitrogen purged, the Crossfire II delivers waterproof and fogproof performance.
A comfortable hunting always demands a quality scope for setting the sights perfectly. This Vortex Optics Crossfire II comes with an advanced technology and ability to help in this function.
In the situation when bright and clear views needed for hunting, then this well-coated lens can give you relax mode. Need to get a sight picture quickly? Yes, it will help you with its ultra-forgiving eye box and long eye relief.
If you need an expected high-quality scope, with a medium price, then best rifle scopes under 500 would be the best pick.
- Fully weatherproof and excellent warranty; fixing or replacement.
- High quality in both materials and construction.
- Compact design and fast focus eyepiece.
- Price is comparatively low.
- Zero-reset turret and capped turrets.
- Not comfortable for faster shooting
- Size seems quite large.
- The Diamondback 4-12x40 riflescope is one of multiple configurations in the Diamondback lineup and is ideal for big game, predator/varmint, muzzleloader, slug shotgun, and long range applications.
- Dead-Hold BDC reticle is good for any hunting or shooting at varying ranges where estimating hold-over would be a concern.
- Lenses are fully multi-coated for crystal clear, bright images from dawn till dusk. The fast focus eyepiece allows for quick and easy reticle focusing.
- Metal on metal precision turrets offer the ability to zero reset after sight-in. A precision glide erector system ensures accurate tracking and repeatability.
- A solid one-piece tube with a hard anodized finish creates a shockproof and durable scope while helping camouflage the shooter's position. Argon purged and o-ring sealed the scope will deliver a lifetime of fog proof and waterproof performance.
Do you need an improved light transmission? This Vortex Diamondback riflescope would be helpful here because it has multiple coatings with an anti-reflective material.
If the question comes to excellent durability and accuracy; it should be listed on the top and a great solution. The feature to ensure fatigue resistance, this Riflescope built with premium grade of aluminum with is actually aircraft-grade.
- Durable and solid one-piece tube.
- Better high-quality image resolution.
- Incredibly cheap than others.
- Flexible and easy to adjust.
- No special image quality in dim light.
- Sun glare issues.
- The eye relief is not quite safe.
- The 8-32x50AOEG Tactical Riflescope wide range of magnification gives the shooter the ability to locate targets at medium to long range and shoot with precision accuracy.
- This scope has an etched-glass reticle, which is superior to a wire reticle because it's much more precise. That lets you get even more accuracy from your gun.
- This scope features a Mil Dot reticle that can be illuminated in red or green using a dedicated reticle brightness turret.
- The reticle illumination control has five selectable brightness settings for each color.Red or green illuminated mil-dot reticle provides precision results giving the target no place to hide.
- This scop is Shockproof Fogproof and Waterproof. 1 inch main tube offers improved windage and elevation adjustment along with greater strength.
On spot hit and target, perfection is possible with this Feyachi Tactical with its Mil-Dot reticle. It also helps during hunting with three different scope brightness colors.
Feyachi tactical scope comes with strong because of it built in a black body composed of an alloy. If it comes with extra accuracy, then it would be shooters arsenal.
It has a comfortable alignment facility with the rifle and a wide range of adjustable magnification for making the hunting smooth and perfect. The design of the ocular lens conveys quick and a precise focus.
- Perfect aiming the target with Mil-Dot reticle.
- Quick and precise focus on Ocular lens.
- Adjustable magnification range is wide.
- Problem may have magnifying a distant target.
QUICK LIST: Best Rifle Scope Under $500
Buying Guide for Best Rifle Scope
Buying of the top rifle scope is not a piece of cake. You have some prior knowledge that could guide you are get some from here to remember while going out shopping for one. Here is a quick guide on how to choose the best long range scopes.
Magnification: Variable or Fixed
The magnification means how much larger object you can see through the scope compared to the naked eye. Scopes have either variable or fixed magnification. If you are using a variable scope, it’s better to start with lower magnification since the higher one can narrow the field view and minimize the light entering into the scope. It can make it difficult rather easier.
This term refers to the area through which you can see from the distance of 100m. Usually, a wider view refers to a better viewing result. With a powerful scope you can change the field view, as you increase the mag and in reverse, it gets smaller. Once you go over the 9x magnification, you may notice the field view difference.
Objective Lens Size
Actually, this thing determines how much light is getting into the scope and how nicely the light will be transferred via to the ocular. Generally, the bigger the size, the greater the amount of light going to the scope so that you can see better in lit and gloomy conditions. However, each objective size comes with its own pros and cons. So, it’s better to choose the one which weight you can easily manage.
Another important factor will help you to choose what range you need to shopping. This factor comes in several styles to meet your particular needs. If you’re planning to long-range shooting, then you can consider tactical-reticle. While dual reticle can be a great option for newbie hunter, as it gives you a thin center line and thick outer line. However, electronic and glowing reticles are another option to consider.
Rifle Scope Maintenance/Care
Maintenance of a scope might be a bit difficult, but once you get it clear in concept, you don’t feel trouble caring your scope. They aren’t delicate or fragile, but still, they can be damaged by improper storage. This is why; scopes needs little care to keep them active.
- At first, you need to find out the maintenance area. Simply dismount the scope and look through it. If you notice the scope doesn’t look as clear as you brought it, the scope requires to be cleaned.
- After that observe the scope if it has corrosion, cracks, or other external issues. Corrosion can be clean off by gentle scrubbing. Crack or break means it needs to go for replacement or warranty work.
- Remember, never touched the lenses by your bare hands. Rather invest in some affordable scope cleaning kits or lens pens. These pens are soft and permit you to remove safely any grime or dirt stuck on the scope. Leaving this dirt can harm your exclusive lens coating that you use to protect your scope.
- For cleaning smudges on your lens, try to use a clean microfiber cloth. Do not use stip to microfibers or cotton. Softly wipe the lens off without rubbing too harsh. If you find something unusual such as water spots or pollen, use little lens cleaner and gently wipe it with a microfiber cloth.
- Make sure you check the mounts and turret caps regularly. They should be tight while loose mount may fall and hamper your scope life.
FAQ About Rifle Scope
What is the best rifle scope to buy?
- There are some well-known brands that have been in the industry of rifle scope for a long time. They are trusted and tested. Such as Vortex Diamondback, NightForce NXS 5.5-22X56, and Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10X40.
What is the best rifle scope for under $400?
- If you rely on high-end brands like Leupold, Vortex, Millett, or Nikon, $400 is enough to enjoy the brilliant quality. Some examples are Nikon ProStaff 5 BDC, Millett 4-16×50, Leupold 110802 VX-2 Duplex.
What is the best rifle scope under $300?
- If you’re looking for some good deal, a variety of low budget scopes out there for you. For instance, Bushnell AR Optics, Leupold Rifleman 4-12X40.
What is the best scope for a 223 rifle?
- From competition to shooting to hunting, there is not much this 223 versatile cartridge can’t take on. This rifle has a maximum 600 yards range on a calm day. Some best scopes for a 223 rifle are Bushnell AR Optics Drop Zone 223, Nikon ProStaff 3-9 x 40.
What scope do I need for 300 yards?
- For 300 yards you will need higher magnification and even more quality optics. Something 20-60x80mm is perfect for this range. Also, need to ensure the scope has decent upgraded glass.
What is the best scope for a 308?
- While you looking for 308 rifle scopes, consider the scope’s durability and lasting quality. Also, consider that is easy and simple to use.
What is the best scope for 200 yards?
- Looking for something magnification from 15-60x with an objective lens from 60mm to 80mm is a good scope for 200 yards shooting.
What is a good scope for a 6.5 Creedmoor?
- 5 Creedmoor is made for long range shooting. In a 24” barrel, it can shoot 250 yards less than 1 bullet drop. The Vortex PST 6×24 is a great choice scope for this.
How much should you spend on a scope?
- A plain and simple answer is buying the scope you can afford. Remember, spend what you want not other people think you should.
What is the best scope for 100 yard shooting?
- A scope with 15-40x range and objective lens from 50mm upwards is pretty good for 100 yards targeting.
The expectation of getting a high-quality scope within a tight budget is not hard work at all. Sometimes it seems that the range is important. So, finding the best rifle scope under 500 is now easy for you. Picking any of them from the list mentioned above can be beneficial because they already proved their high quality. Otherwise, the chance of searching more rifle scopes is always available.
Last update on 2019-06-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API