Imagine a situation where you go hunting without a trail camera? Think of the many times you have lost property without knowing how it got lost. Most hunters understand the hassle that comes with tracking their game.
It’s practically impossible to stand at the same spot waiting for an animal when on a hunting mission. Apart from game hunters, trail cameras play a significant role in home security. It’s easy to track the entry and exit from the premises and land using the best trail camera under 100.
- Best Trail Camera Under 100 $ for 2018
- 1. Browning Strike Force HD Camera, Camouflage
- 2. Moultrie M-Series Game Cameras
- 3. Moultrie M-990i No Glow Game Camera
- 4. Wireless Trail Camera Commander 3G AT&T 1080p
- 5. Reconyx HyperFire Infrared Digital Game Camera HC600
- 6. Hunting Trail Camera, Elepawl Wildlife Game Camera 12MP 1080P HD
- 7. Bushnell 20MP Trophy Cam HD Low Glow Trail Camera Brown
- 8. Distianert Trail Camera 12MP 1080P Wildlife Game Camera
- 9. XIKEZAN 1080P HD Trail & Game Camera
- 10. APEMAN Trail Camera Full HD 2.4″ LCD Game & Hunting Camera
- Tips on Selecting the Trail Camera
Best Trail Camera Under 100 $ for 2018
It’s easy to protect your property against trespassing with the use of the top trail camera. Here are the top ten trail cameras for 2018.
1. Browning Strike Force HD Camera, Camouflage
- Compact design
- Recovery time of 2.3 seconds
- Has a resolution of 10 megapixels
- Records HD videos with sound
- Uses 6AA batteries
- Supports up to 32GB SD cards
- Has a time-lapse viewer software
The gadget offers top rated videos with high definition and decent sound quality. You can opt for either snapping or record short clips using this camera. The duration of the videos differs. The shortest video lasts for 5 seconds whereas the most extended video goes up to 2 minutes.
This game cam boasts of a trigger time of 0.67 seconds. This gadget provides 10MP snaps and has a 100-foot flash range.
2. Moultrie M-Series Game Cameras
Many trail camera reviews regard the Moultrie brand as the trail camera suited for techno-savvy game hunters. It boasts of enhanced performance features that put it on top of the list. This device has a fast trigger speed of 1/3 seconds. It can thus capture animals as fast as it detects motion.
The Moultrie M-Series game cameras enable the hunter to monitor the camera via mobile. Its compatibility for wireless network makes it ideal for game management. Apart from having a 100-foot flash range, the camera has an 80-foot detection range.
The trail camcorder also has a managed memory function which overwrites old files to give room for new videos and photos.
- works with an SD Memory card of up to 32 GB
- Has an automatic overwrite functionality to create room for new files
- Secure and concealed from the animals and intruders
- Durable batteries with long-lasting life
- Has a resolution of 16 Megapixels
- Fast trigger speed of 0.3 seconds
3. Moultrie M-990i No Glow Game Camera
This camera works well in severe weather conditions and serves for long without the trouble of changing the batteries. Both day and night images captured by the camera are bright and stunning, owing to its high resolution of 10 Megapixels.
The invisible flash and freeze technology enable the camera to take quality shots and video clips. The gadget also boasts of an upper trigger speed and a quick setup process.
- High resolution of 10 megapixels
- Long battery life
- Has 70-feet range with flashes
- 36 flash infrared LEDs that are invisible
- Features a motion freeze technology
- Color screen with back-lit buttons (2-inches)
- trigger speed of less than 1 second
- A color LED display
- A camouflage case with a mossy oak pattern
4. Wireless Trail Camera Commander 3G AT&T 1080p
The commander 3G AT camera is your trail camera to help you kill that evasive buck. It combines efficiency and quality all at a very affordable price. The trail cam has a super range and trigger speed that assures you of excellent capture.
Most hunters who value h9gh quality photos and crystal clear video clips go for this gadget. This wireless device rates as one of the trail cameras on the market due to its compact size. Additionally, you will get a weather resistant camera with waterproof ratings of IP54.
The camera has a high-quality lens with an impressive passive infrared motion sensor that switches it to action when it detects motion. It also comes with infrared flash LEDs located at the top and bottom.
- GPRS compatibility with AT&T Mobile service
- Uses expandable memory of up to 32 GB
- Direct MMS and video viewing app
- Has a resolution of 12 Megapixels
- Has a fast trigger speed of 0.4 seconds
- Doesn’t use flashes
- Small size
5. Reconyx HyperFire Infrared Digital Game Camera HC600
It has high output infrared technology that eliminates the red glow that is common with other infrared trail cams. Using this camera given its extended life battery is advantageous. Imagine a battery that lasts for more than a year! It uses SD cards of up to 32 GB to store the High Definition images.
The night vision feature enables the camera to capture clear night shots. It comes with an adjustable cord and a rugged waterproofing enclosure. This enclosure ensures practical functionality in all weather conditions.
- Has a no-glow High output infrared technology
- Uses loner life 12 AA size batteries
- Captures high definition 1080P Images
- Comes with Buckview advanced software
- Has a 1/5th-second trigger speed
- Functions well in a temperature ranging from -20 to 120 F
6. Hunting Trail Camera, Elepawl Wildlife Game Camera 12MP 1080P HD
If you are looking for trail camera that has a high resolution but you are low on finances consider the Elepawl camera. This trail cam captures high definition images and videos both at night and during the day.
It has a 120-degree wide angle detection that enables you to capture most animals within its view. Apart from hunting, you can also use this device for home and office security. It consumes less power and supports enhanced settings such as multi-shot intervals, time stamp, alarm for low battery and trap hunting among others.
This device runs on 8AA batteries with a battery life of up to 12 months. You have all the time for a hassle free and uninterrupted hunting or surveillance coming at a pocket-friendly price.
- Produces colored HD photos and videos
- Small size and portable
- Has a motion detection function for surveillance and detecting cold-blooded animals
- Has a capturing with of 120 degrees and a viewing area of up to 65 feet
- Multi-shot function
- Has 42 pieces of IR LED and 20-meter nighttime vision for professional hunting
7. Bushnell 20MP Trophy Cam HD Low Glow Trail Camera Brown
Bushnell 20 MP trophy cam makes hunting comfortable and enjoyable. The device relieves you the pain of losing your game every time you set up your traps. Passionate hunters prefer using a tool that helps them make the best of their time in the jungle.
This reason explains why trail camera reviews recommend this camera. This gadget produces quality and explicit photos at all times. It has a trigger speed of 0.1 seconds and provides low glow images. The Bushnell 20MP trail camera will help a hunter improve the game hunting results.
It has an accurate nighttime camera feed that enables one to monitor the target hassle-free both at night and during the day.
- Has an impressive trigger speed of 0.2 Seconds
- Comes with lightning fast recovery rate of 0.5 seconds
- Has back-lit buttons for easy use at night or in foggy conditions
- Has a high-quality night vision
- It has a 100 feet detection distance
- Records dynamic videos of up to 60 seconds
- Utilizes expandable memory of up to 32 GB
8. Distianert Trail Camera 12MP 1080P Wildlife Game Camera
The Distianert Trail Camera ranks among the trail cameras because of its efficient features. The camera keeps a record of all captured animals and intruders in a continuous mode. It has a fast trigger sped which enables it to capture many animals within its view.
The multi-shot feature makes it easy for the camera to take three pictures at a time. Many trophy hunters prefer this improved device because of its high-quality night vision. The camera gives clear shots both at night and during the day. You can’t go wrong with this waterproof trail camera.
Its batteries last longer making it possible to mount it at one place for a longer time. This camera is the best trail cam both for experienced and entry-level trophy hunters.
- It has a super-fast trigger speed of 0.6 seconds and a reboot speed of 0.2 seconds
- It boasts of a high-quality capture that gives bright and colorful images
- Has a robust detection of 125 degrees and a range of 80 feet
- Comes with a durable and sturdy case
- Has low-glow black covert LED lights that provide a flash range of 65 feet in the dark.
9. XIKEZAN 1080P HD Trail & Game Camera
The XIKEZAN 1080P hunting camera features a compact design than any other game camera in existence. It’s portable due to its compact size. This is the trail camera because it is multi-functional and contains a sensor that captures three zones of operation.
This sensor provides a detection angle of 120 degrees. You will get exceptional shooting speed, effortless functionality and explicit photos with this small device. It’s easy to preview the capture via the camera’s 2.4 inch LCD screen. This trail cam shoots clear black and white images at night.
It boasts of a high resolution which offers sharp and clear images. You can’t go wrong with this enhanced surveillance trophy cam because it works perfectly between -20 to 40 degrees. You can identify the photo shooting location by setting the cameras serial number.
- Compact size of about 5.2×3.5×2.9 inches
- Has five capture modes including video, hybrid, photo, time lapse and motion detection modes
- Supports up to 32 GB SD cards
- Uses either 4AA or 8AA batteries depending on the expected shooting duration
- Set up includes fixing with a strap on the tree of mounting it on the wall or ceiling
- Has 12M P and 1080p resolution
10. APEMAN Trail Camera Full HD 2.4″ LCD Game & Hunting Camera
The APEMAN Trail camera is the jungle’s best trail cam. It has quality features that make it one of the trail cameras available. This hunting camera records crystal clear images in full HD. It also boasts of a 2.4 LCD from where one can preview the shots in real time before embarking on game trailing.
It’s specially designed to take wildlife videos by documenting every movement of the animals. The camcorder detects changes in the wildlife temperature and starts recording everything in detail. Apart from hunting the camera also serves well when used for domestic surveillance.
The device records explicit images and videos at night due to its superior night vision. The APEMAN is an essential security surveillance device that records every event in detail.
- Uses 8AA batteries which last for six months
- It features a 2.4 inch LCD screen
- Has a passive infrared sensor
- Designed to withstand wet conditions
- Has a low-glow infrared technology
- Comes with 26 pieces of Black LEDs for brighter photo shooting
Tips on Selecting the Trail Camera
Choosing the right trail camera can be daunting especially for starters. It requires consideration of various issues mentioned in most trail camera reviews. Different cameras come with different features. Some of the high-end cameras have more features than the rest, making them the best considerations. This high-quality camera’s however, come at a high cost. Choosing a camera depends on the following features;
- Detection circuit
- Flash and glow
- Video availability and quality
- Built-in viewer
Cameras have either infrared or incandescent flashes. Both flashes have advantages and disadvantages. Other types include white LED flash, no glow infrared and red glow infrared. Whereas the infrared allows the camera to take photos at night discreetly, the incandescent cameras use bright flashes.
The infrared cameras work unobtrusively and thus cant alert intruders or animals. The incandescent cameras give clear colored photos indicating all details of the picture. The choice of the camera depends on one’s reference of flashes
You should also consider the detection circuit which consists of the detection zone, recovery time and the trigger time. When looking for the best trail cam, it’s advisable to consider the battery life. While some batteries last for six months or less, others work for 12 months. Extended life batteries serve better and are convenient.
Trail cameras come in different configurations. There are game trophy cameras that perform well both in shooting videos and taking photos. Many features mean better service and convenience. There are both wireless and standard trail cameras available today.
The wireless trail cameras are further classified into cellular trail cameras and Wi-Fi trail cameras. It’s essential to buy a camera that suits your individual and professional needs. Different cameras serve different purposes. Given that trail cameras are expensive, it’s vital to protect them from theft and adverse weather conditions.
Some cameras have sturdy camouflage kits while others come with mounting straps. When shopping for best trail camera under 100, it’s advisable to compare follow the advice given in various game camera reviews.