Are you looking for the best mosquito killer? This one-stop comprehensive review has all you need to know about perfect mosquito killer. We’ve compared, tested, and reviewed best mosquito repellents, sprays, electric trap, zapper and machine choices. Buy one of these to safe your family members. Some item best for outdoor and some for indoor.
Top Pick Mosquito Killers
Did you know that mosquitoes are the deadliest creatures on earth? Today, mosquitoes cause more than 725,000 deaths a year.
This figure is higher than that of HIV/AIDS, wild animals and terrorists combined. Mosquitoes cause diseases such as Zika Virus, Malaria, and Elephantiasis among others.
These maladies pose the greatest danger to the existence of humankind. In this regard, the mosquito’s killers are a must-have for all homeowners.
You must kill mosquitoes before they kill you! Most traditional methods of killing mosquito’s are not efficient. Below is the best mosquito trap reviews for products I tested for you.
- Best Mosquito Killer Machines Reviews & Comparison
- Best Indoor Mosquito Trap Reviews
- Best Indoor Mosquito Killer Spray and Chemicals
- Best Mosquito Trap
- Best Mosquito Killer for Yard 2020
- 1. Mosquito Magnet LUREX3N
- 2. LiBa Bug Zapper & Electric Indoor Insect Killer Mosquito, Bug, Fly & Other Pests Killer
- 3. Flowtron Powerful PV-440 Mosquito Zapper – Best Electric Mosquito Killer
- 4. Burgess 1443 Propane Insect Fogger – Propane Mosquito Repellent Reviews
- 5. Dyntrap Insect Trap, 1/2 Acre Pole Mount with Water Tray
- Best Mosquito Yard Spray
- Types of Indoor and Outdoor Mosquito Repellents and Killers
- How to Choose Best Mosquito Killer 2020
- Final Thought
- Best Selling Mosquito Killer List:
Best Mosquito Killer Machines Reviews & Comparison
Best Indoor Mosquito Trap Reviews
Noteworthy, most of the best indoor mosquito killers in this review are electric. Electric zappers have no chemical attractants, and thus, they are safe to use in the house.
Some zappers may be chemical-based, but their effect on pet or human health is minimal. Notable, some indoor bug killers are weatherproof, and can serve outdoors.
This powerful UV light emitting lamp acts as a natural attraction for insects. It produces up to 2100 volts of power. Insects lured to the bulb end up going through the zapping system.
The dead ants and mosquitoes collect at the tray for cleanup. The lamp has a built-in hook for you to hang without striving. The chain is not part of the shipping package, but it is available as an accessory. This one is most effective mosquito killer.
The shipment package contains an approved adapter with a 6 feet cable and a two-year warranty. The eco-friendly and easy-to-use appliance does not emit any chemicals.
The bulb covers an area of up to 860 square feet and provides light for more than 2000 hours of bug zapping.
- Powerful UV bulb naturally attracts insects for quicker, more effective extermination
- Safely emits 2100 volts of bug zapping power
- Removable bug collection tray makes cleanup simple
- Built-in hook offers easy hanging wherever you need pest control (Chain not included)
- Includes ETL-approved AC power adapter with long 6-ft cord - 2 Year Warranty
Zapplight is a LED lamp that kills insects such as mosquitoes, flies, and moths. The light attracts the insects, and then the traps them.
The inbuilt insect trap helps manage all forms of winged insects. It fits in an 110v light bulb socket. It also requires no special installation processes.
With this bulb, you can have a convenient summer that is safe from mosquitoes and other insects. It is a useful instrument because it provides both light and mosquito zapper.
Like any other bulb, Zapplight may need regular replacement. But the price is worth it.
It looks like a lamp but has more than light to offer. FlowTron Electronic Insect Killer is one of the most popular brands in the market today. It’s excellent efficiency and flexibility tells it all! It has no chemical emissions, and this makes it ideal for indoor use.
The fact that it is weather tight means it is perfect for outdoor insect management, too. It has a replaceable 40 watts bulb that produces a lengthy zapping period. The lamp can cover up to one-acre radius if hung the right way.
- Price For: Each Country of Origin (subject to change): United States
Aspectek has some of the most affordable efficient brands in the market today. This particular brand helps control mosquito and other flying insects too. It has a 20-watt ultraviolet bulb that attracts insects, before killing them.
The zapping system consists of high voltage metal grids. This electronic bug controller has the capability to cover up to 6000 square feet.
This brand is ideal for indoor use because it has no toxic chemical attractants. This makes it Eco-friendly and does not harm pets or kids. This electric lamp has UV light emitters that attract bugs before killing them.
It is affordable and portable mosquito killer. The killer has no sounds, and thus, the insects cannot notice it. Instead, it dehydrates the creepy creatures thus killing them. It has a collection tray where you can clean up the dry-dead insects.
- Easy Pull Out Drawer For Emptying
- Environmentally Safe
- UV White Light Attracts Flying Insects To Trap
- Powerful, Quiet Fan Draws Insects Into Internal Trap Where They Dehydrate & Die
- No chemicals - environmetally safe
- UV white light attracts flying insects to trap
- Powerful, quiet fan draws insect into internal trap where they dehydrate and die
- Top snaps off for bulb replacement. Replacement bulb: B04-N
- Refer UserManual for troubleshooting steps and corrections
Best Indoor Mosquito Killer Spray and Chemicals
While most chemical mosquito control methods are poisonous, a few are biodegradable. If mishandled, chemical solutions could harm your kids or pets if mishandled. You need to buy those that are lethal to mosquitoes but safe for home use. Here are some of the safe domestic mosquito repellents products.
1. Mosquito Bits, 30-Ounce – Best Mosquito Killer Indoor
Mosquito Bits are efficient to use in damp or swampy places. They work well in the kitchen, bathroom and swimming pool. Unlike other killer products that target adult mosquitoes, the bits aim at larvae. These bits have a BTI coating. BTI is a bacterium that is lethal to mosquito larvae but is safe for other living things.
If there is any stagnant pond near you, you can introduce the bits, and they will work well on the larvae. Bits are not only cheap but also needs less maintenance. Thus, when using the pieces, your environment is safe.
- Environmentally Sound Biological Mosquito Control
- Sprinkle Mosquito Bits to quickly annihilate the larval population; Corn cob granules coated in Bti, the Bits (do not last long but) provide a punch, turning water black with larvae, to a clear pool void of future mosquitoes
- The Mosquito Bits are labeled to control Fungus Gnats in plant beds or pots
- Bits can be sprinkled on the soils surface or mixed with potting soil prior to planting will kill fungus gnat larvae with the same safety and target specific control offered for mosquito larvae
2. Tri Jet ULV Non Thermal Fogger – Best Mosquito Fogger
This device sprays fog indoors or outdoors- whichever you choose. It is a non-thermal fogger, which allows it to atomize oil and water solutions without the use of heat. The durable stainless steel appliance is durable and adjustable.
The fogger controls mosquito and humidity. With a triple nozzle and variable valve, the Tri-Jet ULV fogger can spray up to 30 feet. It is quiet, odorless and easy to use in controlling winged-pests.
- Manufactured by Createch USA, a 30 year leader in the fogging/atomizing industry
- Perfect for application of insect control products and Mold/Mildew control products
- Non thermal operation is perfect for spraying either oil or water based products
- Includes intake filter, power supply cord, heavy duty motor and triple action nozzle
- Five year manufacturers limited warranty
Mosquito Dunks are biodegradable chemicals that kill the earlier stages of mosquitoes. Dunks contain Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (B.t.i.) as the active agent.
BTI is a deadly bacterium to mosquito larvae. The good side is that the mosquito’s killer bug does not harm any other living thing. Controlling the infants makes it hard for mosquito’s population to increase.
The dunks are worthwhile for stagnant water. If you have a swimming pool, troughs or domestic birdbaths, you need to use these dunks. After the female lays eggs on the water, the larva eats up the BTI, without knowing that it is poisonous.
4. Mosquito Fog Non-toxic Organic Mosquito Killer Aerosol Spray (with Peppermint) – Top Mosquito Killer Spray Indoor
According to the ratings, this is the mosquito spray for indoors. It is popular among people who love to control the population of insects in their homes.
The liquid chemical kills insects upon contact. The spray is broad-range; it kills many types of indoor pests such as ants, spiders, and cockroaches.
The primary focus here is unleashing war on the deadly mosquitoes. It kills mosquitoes at all stages such as the eggs, larvae, and adults.
The spray works in a simple method. After the liquid gets into contact with the insect, it corrodes its exoskeleton. The poison then kills the arthropod.
Non-toxic Organic Mosquito Killer Aerosol Spray by Mosquito Fog brands are safe for pets and humans. The only target is to kill the insects. The smell is bearable because it is light. Its a best mosquito yard spray.
- Kills mosquitoes without any chemicals that are toxic to people or pets.
- Knocks mosquitoes down on contact and kills them quickly.
- For use inside and outside, including around areas where food is prepared or consumed.
- No harmful residue
- Light, fresh scent
Among the mosquito’s killer liquids is the Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer. This is a good spray for kitchen gardens. Mosquitoes and other flying pests love kitchen gardens.
These insects love quiet, warm and dark nature of flowerbeds and the yard. In fact, most of the mosquitoes in the house come from the flower beds and vegetables around the house.
If you want to fight these pests, you will need to use the Ortho Home Defense Insect Killer. The spray contains Bifenthrin that requires a regular application for mosquito control.
It has a concentrated and ready-to-use version. Of course, you need to dilute the concentrated liquid. If you are a nature enthusiast, this product may be fatal to your bees, spiders, and ants (if you need them anyway!).
- Fast-acting formula
- Long-lasting bed bug control
- Kills parathyroid-resistant bed bugs
- Kills bed bug eggs
- Use on beds, furniture and luggage
- Kills bed bugs, fleas and brown dog ticks
Best Mosquito Trap
ULTRA Mosquito Trap
- Kill mosquitoes, midges and more with the multi-stimuli, human-mimicking ULTRA Mosquito Trap
- Smart technology includes Mosquito-Attracting-Stimuli (MAS) settings which allows the ULTRA to be fine tuned to target specific mosquito species
- Comes fully assembled with programmable multi-function timer, the ULTRA is DIY self-serviceable with on-board diagnostics package
- CO2 ready (cylinder not included) the Optional CO2 Gas Attractant System can increase capture rates by up to 400%. The Ultra Trap should NEVER be operated indoors, or in any other enclosed space, when the CO2 gas release system is in use.
- Comes fully assembled and will begin to catch immediately there are any mosquitoes around, but may take 6-8 weeks of use to reduce populations to the point that breeding cycles are interrupted
MBOX Mosquito Trap
- Efficient Designer Mosquito Trap, protects to 400 sq.ft
- Photo-catalyst Tech (Generating Co2/H2o)
- User Friendly & Ease of Use
- Durable CCFL (40.000+ hours)
- Great Warranty: If you are not satisfied with our mosquito trap and just return it at any time. Any questions about mosquito trap need help, please don't hesitate contact with us.
Best Mosquito Killer for Yard 2020
Best outdoor mosquito killers are chemical-based, but you can find electric ones too. They cover a large area and use high-intensity UV light or chemical attractants to lure the bugs.
Unlike the indoor traps, the outdoor killers are bulky and may use fumes to attract insects.
These insect killers are weatherproof to stand heavy summer rains or heat. Below are some of the popular mosquito’s killer brands for your yard.
One of the finest mosquito management outdoor tools is the Mosquito Magnet LUREX3N. This machine acts like a magnet. First, it attracts all the bugs and mosquitoes in the radius. Then, when they come near, the machine’s vacuum sucks, traps and kills them. Its a perfect mosquito trap outdoor.
Mosquito Magnet is a fantastic company that manufactures high-quality pest control tools. The LUREX3N machine has a 50 feet power cord that allows you to fight winged bugs anywhere in your yard.
The device works in a mechanism that combines heat and dampness to attract and kill the bugs. It is silent and can cover an acre of land. The magnet also pulls moths, black flies, and midges among other flying insects.
Are you looking for a light outdoor mosquito control tool? If so, then you should try LiBa Electronic Flying Insect Killer. A product of LiBa, this bug zapper is ideal for people who are going to camping.
You see, when camping, you do not want to have a large appliance to control mosquito. The goal is to have portable light lamps that can kill pests within the camping radius.
LiBa Bug Zapper & Electric Indoor Insect Killer Mosquito emits ultraviolet light that attracts the insects. It then kills and collects them in a collection tray at the bottom. The device also has minimal maintenance costs. It is also affordable and Eco-friendly.
- INSTANT INSECT ATTRACTION & ELIMINATION: This bug zapper emits a 365 nm wavelength, which has been scientifically proven to be highly attractive to insects, as it falls within their natural viewing wavelength. As flies, mosquitoes and any other flying insect cant resist approaching the light source, they get immediately zapped
- POWERFUL 2800V GRID: This is by far the STRONGEST insect zapper on the market. Dare to compare with our competitors weaker and ineffective zappers. LiBas insect killer is to wipe out all harmful flying pests and keep you from spending another penny on insect repellents or other insect pest control products
- NATURAL, CHEMICAL-FREE PEST CONTROL: Stop exposing your family and yourself to harmful chemicals. This electric zapper is the perfect chemical-free pest control alternative, safe to use in every indoor setting with a heavy flying pest infestation problem.
- Ideal for all indoor environments: exceptionally safe and secure to use in every home area as well as hospitals, workplace areas, Commercial spaces such as restaurant kitchens, warehouses and retail stores. Not for outdoor use.
- 100% SATISFACTION & MONEY-BACK : We vouch for our electric zappers efficiency and durability. Each of our insect zappers is backed by an outstanding 36-Month Policy. In the unlikely event you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you are free to return it to us within the first 90 days and receive a FULL refund. Click Buy Now And Get The Best Insect Electric Zapper On !
3. Flowtron Powerful PV-440 Mosquito Zapper – Best Electric Mosquito Killer
Flowtron brands are the most popular in the market today. The Flowtron PV-440 covers one acre, and thus serves as an ideal outdoor bug management tool. It is eco-friendly because it relies on electricity. With a long cord, you can use the machine anywhere in your yard.
This Flowtron does not emit gases or flames. Instead, the zapper has a vacuum system that sucks mosquitoes. Before then, its UV light serves as an attractant for the pests, and when they get close, the machine sucks them. The zapper then dehydrates the insect, thus killing it.
- 1 Acre Killing Radius
- Removable, see-through collection tray provides for fast, easy and clean disposal of dead insects
- Multiple Attractants: Heat,Light,Scent and Color
- Vacuum Action That Dehydrates and Kills
- Electric Power, No Flame or Gas
4. Burgess 1443 Propane Insect Fogger – Propane Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Propane is an Alkane, which is a complex compound that burns to produce water and C02. Burgess 1443 uses this chemical, and thus, it is not ideal for indoor use. If you use this device outdoors, the fog keeps the yard free of mosquitoes for a lengthy period.
Propane does not emit any toxic chemical, and so, the method is Eco-friendly. It also produces no odors to your yard, but it is efficient in ridding your yard of mosquitoes.
5. Dyntrap Insect Trap, 1/2 Acre Pole Mount with Water Tray
Dyntrap is one of the most effective mosquito traps in the market. This zapper is stylish and has an effective way of dealing with insects. It is 17.5 meters high, which allows it to control mosquitoes in a half an acre yard. Then, it has a long cord and can withstand any weather conditions. It is stable enough to resist attacks from pets and other domestic animals.
Dyntrap Insect Trap has a UV light emitting bulb that attracts the insects. It also releases H2O and Carbon (IV) Oxide that act as pest attractants. The water attracts the female anopheles mosquitoes that seek for reproduction.
In the end, the machine sucks them and dehydrates them. You should change the collection tray after four to six weeks. Some users (tourists) are angry because the device catches flies and bees. Although, the primary purpose of this method is to control mosquitoes.
- 2-way protection against flying insects with chemicals, pesticides, or odor
- Powerful, whisper-quiet fan captures insects zapping or buzzing
- Twists on and off for no easy operation and cleaning
- Mosquito trap includes pole stand for no easy installation; plugs into standard 120-volt outlet
- Insect trap protects up to 1/3 acre; durable construction for indoor use
- Needs at least 5 weeks to trap enough mosquitoes to make an impact, and 8 weeks to break the breeding cycle
Best Mosquito Yard Spray
Neem Pro EC 32 Ounce
Greenerways Organic Insecticide
- INCLUDES - 32oz Garden Hose Spray, Certified USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Non-Toxic Insecticide Concentrate
- Effectively keeps away mosquitoes, beetles, cockroaches, ants, flies, wasps, spiders, yard fleas, ticks, cabbage worms, caterpillars, thirps, aphids, army worms, slugs, snails, fleas, mites, and many more.
- Harmless to bees and other beneficial pollinators
- Safe and effective on backyard lawns and landscapes.
- Prevents and removes fungus growth Drives away deer, field mice, and geese
Types of Indoor and Outdoor Mosquito Repellents and Killers
There are two main types of mosquito traps; the electric and the chemical. Of course, some incorporate both features. They use electricity to attract the insects and then kill them using chemical means.
The synthetic varieties are the best for outdoor areas. If you are seeking the mosquitoes killer for yards, it is advisable to get chemical brands. Electric killers are the best for home use. Other types of killers include the following.
Carbon (II) Oxide mosquitoes killer
They use carbon dioxide to trap the insects. They are cheaper than other killers.
UV Indoor Traps
Unlike other traps that emit gases, the UV varieties attract insects using UV light. They are electric and have special bulbs that emit UV light.
The temperature varieties attract insects by producing heat. They are bulky, and ideal for outdoor use, or in big halls.
These are some of the ideal mosquito traps and killers. Advanced devices incorporate CO2 and water hunting. These provide best conditions for mosquitoes to feed or breed. Then, the devices catch and kill the mosquitoes. In most cases, H2O traps are cheaper than their heat counterparts.
The Propane Mosquito traps are the most expensive in the market. Propane is a chemical that burns to produce CO2 and H20. The two by-products are valuable in attracting these insects. Of course, propane is not an ideal gas to use in an indoor setup, but it has incredible results outdoors.
How to Choose Best Mosquito Killer 2020
When purchasing a mosquito-killing tool, you must pay attention to the features. Myriad brands are available on the market today. This buying guide will help you get the best insect management instruments in the market.
Type of Killer
Is it a chemical or an electric shock killer? The answer should help you know whether it is appropriate or not. A chemical-based killer works best outdoors. If these insects take over your yard, then, chemicals are the best to use.
But they may be too dangerous to use in an indoor setup. If you want to deal with indoor mosquitoes, the electric mosquitoes killers are the best. Apart from being quiet, the electronic variety is friendly and efficient.
Is it safe to use the mosquito trap? This question is necessary when buying indoor or outdoor mosquito control devices. You need to get killers that do not pose a danger to you, pets or the environment.
Although the chemical varieties are useful, you need to keep off those that contain DDT. The chemical is not only harmful to the environment, but it can also harm humans. Pyrethrin-based sprays are safer because they are natural.
Noteworthy, the top mosquito’s killer cost a fortune. If you want to have the best of anything, you must get ready to part with more coins. The price, though, should not scare you from buying a product. Stores like Amazon have both cheap and high-end killers and their accessories. So, it is possible to get the best budget mosquito killers for the money.
Efficiency is the most important factor to consider when buying a mosquito trap. Mosquito’s are well adapted when you provide ideal conditions. Thus, you should ensure that the product you are adding to your cart could kill all forms of mosquitoes. The product should kill mosquito adults, larvae, and pupa.
Ergonomic and Easy to Use
Mosquitoes are fervent about accomplishing their mission on a target. Purchasing hard-to-use remedies could be disastrous. Some mosquito control products are difficult to understand- keep off from buying them. Instead, find one that is easy to store, carry and store. The mosquito trap should also have an instructions page.
Cases of pets and kids who swallow toxic mosquito repellents are on the rise. It is important to buy only the insect killers that are safe to store.
For instance, the product should have a tight non-leak seal and container. If possible, avoid brands that have toxic ingredients. At least, you do not know when curious toddlers or pets might decide to find out!
Catching and Collection Features
Many killers go by the name ‘mosquito magnets.’ But they do not have any electromagnetic features. Instead, the devices have a vacuum and catcher net to pull the insects. Well, some killers suck the bugs into their collection system via a vacuum. Others have a fan that provides the pulling or ‘magnetic’ effect on mosquitoes.
Others have a liquid that drowns the trapped insects. The thumb rule is to ensure that you know how the machine works so that you can determine its efficiency.
Mosquitoes love warm damp environments. The best killers have features to provide the luring heat. When purchasing an electric mosquito killer, see if it has a thermal emission feature.
As opposed to repellants, attractants act as bait to lures the mosquito. Most attractants are Octenol-based, but other advanced devices may contain other chemicals. The majority of killers have this feature, although others use it as an accessory item.
Some machines emit Ultraviolet light that attracts the insect, killing them upon contact. The light hypnotizes most of the winged insects.
In a bid to imitate human breathing, some machines emit Carbon (II) Oxide- the gas exhaled by animals. Mosquitoes can sense the production of this gas from several meters away.
They then think that a human being is breathing nearby and decide to check out. The mosquito traps incorporate CO2 and warm moisture to trick these insects. In most cases, the devices use Propane.
In brief, you can always find the best mosquito killer from our review. It all depends on the type- electric, spray, indoors or outdoors. Other people prefer to use the best homemade mosquitoes killer. Mosquito traps are compulsory for every homeowner.
At least, they are necessary for anyone who wants to keep off Zika Virus, Malaria or Elephantiasis. Besides, the killers guarantee you a blissful sleep. If you want to rid your home of mosquitoes, try the products I pointed out in my review.
Best Selling Mosquito Killer List:
Last update on 2020-12-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API