Getting your children outside to play can often be exhausting.
Encouraging fun play activities is always a great way to go.
By inspiring their inner explorer and buying them some working binoculars, you will probably have to drag them back indoors in the evening!
Perfect for camping and hunting trips, hikes and boat rides, the best binoculars for kids could open up a whole new world of educational fun for the little people in your life.
Take a look through my reviews of the best kids and toddlers binoculars to help you make the most informed buying decision.
- Best Toddler Binoculars
- Best Kids Binoculars 2020
- Read 7 Reasons To Buy Kids Binoculars 2020
- Best Childrens Binoculars List 2020
- Final words
Best Toddler Binoculars
Kidwinz binoculars, bluecabi binoculars and bespin binoculars great for bird watching.
Best Kids Binoculars 2020
1. THINKPEAK Binoculars for Kids
- ABSORBS IMPACT & PREVENTS INJURIES. Unlike low-quality binoculars for kids that break easily & arent durable enough for your child to use safely, Think Peak Toys kids binoculars feature anti-friction, shock-proof rubber coating technology. Our binoculars make perfect birthday gifts and are fun for the whole family! Play kids games or go on a backyard safari adventure. Great toys for boys for outdoor & sports games.
- HIGH-POWERED 8x21 MAGNIFICATION. While other kids binoculars are blurry & dont function like binoculars for adults, our COMPACT binoculars with bak-4 roof prisms provides crisp, colorful images in high resolution. The small binoculars are much more than just boys toys & girls toys they can be part of HUNTING gear & used as hunting binoculars or binoculars for bird watching.
- VERY INTUITIVE AND EASY TO USE KIDS BINOCULARS, with a grip ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED FOR KIDS. Our Think Peak Toys binocular girl toys and boy toys are great for AIRPLANE GAMES, YARD GAMES, SPY GAMES & EXPLORATION! PERFECT FOR TRAVEL and EXCELLENT FOR LEARNING. A must for kid explorer STAR GAZING, STUDYING ASTRONOMY, exploring the solar system & galaxy, and SCIENCE KITS FOR KIDS.
- WE OFFER A 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE & LIFETIME FREE REPLACEMENT WARRANTY on our binoculars. If for any reason our toy binoculars for kids dont live up to your expectations, simply CONTACT US DIRECTLY and we will make it right. We CARE ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS and STAND BEHIND OUR QUALITY. That is our promise to you.
- AT THINK PEAK TOYS, OUR GOAL IS TO HELP KIDS ACHIEVE THEIR POTENTIAL THROUGH EXPLORATION & LEARNING. We are a small, family-owned business in Colorado, and WERE PASSIONATE about providing the very BEST CRAFTSMANSHIP, QUALITY and EXPERIENCE for our kids as well as yours.
These binoculars are so much more than a toy, they are fully-functional and work just the same as an adult pair would.
Exploring in the backyard, watching birds of prey, even playing spy-games will seem so much fun when your child can see everything in vivid, bright colors, right before their very eyes.
Everything can be magnified into high resolution at a power of 8 x 21. The foldable design ensures they suit any child, regardless of the eye-to-eye distance.
I love that safety is paramount; the rubberized finish won’t crack or shatter like cheap plastic models, and the lanyard has a breakable clasp.
With a 30-day money-back guarantee and a carry-case with a belt loop, these are a fabulous no-brainer, educational gift for a child.
2. Dreamingbox Compact Shock Proof Binoculars for Kids
- Super Safety: Soft rubber surrounded eyepieces are included for eye protection so children don't hurt their eyes or face. There is extra coating surrounding the eyepieces compared to other brands and provides better protection of the lens during falls.
- Advanced Design: Non-slip scratch, the grip has been ergonomically patented designed to fit the hands of children. It is easy to focus, and they can adjust to adult eyes just as well as kid-sized eyes. The leaves of a tree 100 yards away came into sharp focus.
- Shock Proof: Durable binoculars that can withstand drops and falls on floors due to rubber coating that absorbs shock. If accidentally dropped on the ground, the binoculars are protected from damage with shock proof rubber armor. Other brands do not have this safety feature!
- Crystal Clear View: The FMC prism green coated optics system can control optical reflection to create crisp and colorful images. The product ensures the user can see the entire visual field for capturing objects easily with 7.2 viewing angle. Multi-layer broadband coating technology, make you see the scene more realistic.
- Real Binoculars for Kids: This product has a superb maginifcation of 17X with an amazing view. The binoculars can be adjusted to easily match the eye distance gap for each child. Great for bird watching, learning, hunting, theaters, boat rides, hiking, traveling and enjoying the wilderness!
If you’re lucky enough to have an ‘outdoorsy’ type of child that is interested in nature and exploring, these are brilliant children’s binoculars.
They’re not just a toy; they work beautifully and magnify things 100ft away to 8-times their usual size.
The rubberized case means they will survive being dropped if you have clumsy kids, it also means that the eye surrounds are softer and more comfortable. Your child is less likely to get hurt if they should bump while holding them up to their eyes.
I love the chunky design, perfect for small hands to grip. These are a great pair of toddler’s binoculars.
Overall, these are very effective and fun children’s binoculars, great for watching birds of prey swoop and for taking hunting with the adults.
3. Kidwinz Original Compact 8×21 Kids Binoculars Set
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - Includes all accessories such as Cleaning Cloth, 2-Foot Long Neck Strap, Operations Manual and a Carrying Case. Great for bird watching, learning, star gazing, hunting, sports games, theatres, boat rides, hiking, learning, travel, summer fun and enjoying the wilderness!
- BEST MAGNIFICATION and VALUE - This product has a superb maginifcation of 8X with an amazing view and comes as a bundle. The Carrying Case allows for protective storage and easy portability when travelling.
- SHOCK PROOF - Durable binoculars that can withstand drops and falls on floors due to rubber coating that absorbs shock. There is extra coating surrounding the eyepieces compared to other brands and provides better protection of the lens during falls.
- EASY TO FOCUS - Designed for children to use easily. Binoculars can be folded to MATCH eye to eye distance of child.
- SUPERIOR SAFETY - Rubber Surrounded Eyepieces are included for eye protection so children don't hurt their eyes or face.
These Kidwinz binoculars really work! They are not just a toy but a fully-functional pair of binoculars that magnify up to 8 times.
They look more like an adult set which makes them the best kid’s binoculars for older kids; 11 and 12-year-olds will love to use them.
They are perfectly safe for little ones too, they have a breakaway neck strap and shock-proof rubber coating designed to withstand any accidental drops.
I love the soft rubber eye-pieces; they are so comfortable to use and are suitable for kids who wear glasses.
This set comes with lots of added extras, not just the neck strap, but also a carry-case, user manual, and a cleaning cloth.
With a lifetime warranty, these are a fabulous buy for the explorers in your life.
4. Outdoor Adventure Kit for Kids
If you’re looking for a gift for 3-10-year-old adventurers, look no further. This 4-in-1 set comes with everything a young explorer could need, all in one handy backpack.
The 4×31 binoculars fit all little faces and are easy to focus and have soft, rubberized eye surrounds for added safety.
I love the mini flashlight as it doesn’t need any batteries. It gains power as the child squeezes it over and over again with their hand.
The compass is great for helping to teach kids about map-reading and the magnifying glass helps them close in on any fascinating finds on their adventure.
This is an affordable set with a 100% money-back, satisfaction guarantee. Take it on a camping trip and watch the youngsters have endless hours of wholesome fun.
5. BlueCabi Shock Proof 8×21 Kids Binoculars
- HIGH QUALITY - BlueCabi 8 x 21 Durable Binoculars Has a Rubber Coating that Absorbs Shock and can Withstand Drops and Falls on Floors, Convenient Carrying Case, Clean Cloth, and Long Neck Strap Included.
- BEST MAGNIFICATION - This Compact Children Binoculars Has a 8x Magnification with Objective Lens Diameter 21mm with an Amazing View, The Kids Lenses & Prisms are from Optical Glass.
- IMPROVED SAFETY - This Superior Safety Binoculars for Kids has Rubber Surrounded Eyepieces included for Eye Protection so Children dont get Hurt, and can be Folded to Match Eye to Eye Distance of Child.
- EASY TO FOCUS - Designed for Children to use Easily, Great for Bird Watching, Learning, Star Gazing, Hunting, Sports Games, Theatres, Boat Rides, Hiking, Travel, Summer Fun and Enjoying the Wilderness!
- BUY WITH CONFINDENCE - This Amazing Binoculars is Small and Lightweight Designed, Manufactured Under Strict Quality Control, and is Specially Sturdy Designed to Last for Many Years!
These are lovely high-powered binoculars that help your child to feel ‘just like the grown-ups’.
The high-resolution images that your child will see will be perfectly clear having vivid colors.
They will survive countless drops and knocks and should last for many years; they can be passed down through the family.
As expected, they have soft rubber eye-pieces to protect young eyes, they can be fully rolled out to fervent eyelashes catching on the glass and causing irritation.
I love the chunk central dial that teaches kids how to focus. The design makes it easy for small hands to operate.
These are a fabulous gift and can be ordered in blue or red, whichever color they prefer.
6. Obuby Binoculars for Kids
- Super Safety Toys: Soft rubber surrounded eyepieces are included for eye protection so children don't hurt their eyes or face. Non-slip scratch, the grip has been ergonomically patented designed to fit the hands of kids.
- Professional Real Binoculars: Easy to focus, the leaves of a tree 122ft/1000 yards away came into sharp focus. The compact binocular can be adjusted by turning the center knob to easily match the eye distance gap for each child.
- Crystal Clear View: Superb high-resolution maginifcation of 8X with the 7.2viewing angle, your child can see the entire visual wide field for capturing objects easily. The BAK 4 FMC prism green multi-layer broadband coated can control optical reflection to create crisp and colorful images.
- Shock Proof: Soft rubber surrounded provides better protection of the lens during falls. Durable polycarbonate plastic and rubber armored exterior can withstand absorbs shock when drops or falls on floors.
- Explore Nature World: Easy to Use, Suitable for boys and girls to bird watching, learning, star watching, hunting, sports competitions, theater, boating, hiking, learning, travel, outdoor fun and enjoying the wilderness.
These are wonderful binoculars for older kids as they have many features that look like adult sets. Not just a toy but a fun and interesting education aid.
They are a compact and portable design, perfect for throwing in a backpack when busy on an adventure.
They are waterproof which means boat trips and playing in the ocean will be even more exciting.
I love that they have a built-in, low-light, vision light. This allows budding astronomers and star-gazers to watch the night sky and spot all of the constellations.
These children’s binoculars have all of the expected safety features including easy-grip, rubber eye pads, and they are shockproof.
As they are available in 7-colors and come with a coordinating carry bag, it is easy to keep every child happy.
They may be mini in size but they certainly aren’t in power.
What does 8 x 21 mean?
The first number means the strength of magnification.
In this case 8 times closer, the subject looks 8 times closer than it actually is.
The second number is the size of the objective lens, which, in this case, is 21mm.
The higher the number is, the greater the amount of light let in. More light equals clearer, crisper images.
Can you use kid’s binoculars indoors?
If you have ever taken a child to the theatre and been stuck at the back, you know they will have been crying out for some way to see the stage better.
What are the best binoculars for a gift for kids?
That depends on many factors, the age, and the ability of the child and what they need them for.
For playing spy games in the backyard look for a less expensive pair.
For toddlers and younger children on hiking or camping trips then we recommend the Dreamingbox or Kidwinz binoculars.
The 4-in-1 set in my review is a lovely surprise gift and relatively inexpensive, and for older kids, we love the Obuby pair.
Choosing a set of children’s binoculars for your child can open up a whole new world of outdoor fun.
They may realize an interest in nature or wildlife, or maybe be fascinated by the night stars.
Your child might just need to get a better view at a sports event, but for whatever reason, we hope we have helped you to buy the best binoculars for kids and have fun making many happy memories with them.
Read 7 Reasons To Buy Kids Binoculars 2020
If you have a kid who loves exploring, buying them a pair of binoculars can be the best thing to do. There are so many kid-sized binoculars out there that offer the real benefits of adult binoculars.
You need to get your little one a lightweight pair of binoculars that they can handle with ease so that they have a closer view.
If you are still uncertain about whether to buy your child binoculars, I will take you through 7 reasons to buy kids binoculars.
1: For Role Playing
If you have a pair of binoculars for bird-watching or any other activity, your kid would probably love to do what you are doing. Most kids are interested in what their parents do. Instead of giving them your highly priced binocular that is bulky for them, you can buy them a kid-sized binocular that they can use with ease. You can go with your kid outdoors and enjoy amazing adventures together when they have their pair of binoculars too.
2: Exploring and Fishing
Kids are curious and love nature. As a parent, you can make their dreams come true by buying kids binoculars. This will help them increase their engagement outdoors and make their adventure fun. Child binocular with the features like that of an adult binocular allow kids to get the best view when bird watching or any other activity they want to engage in that requires a binocular.
If you go for fishing and carry your kid, you can make their experience great with kids binocular. This is especially if you for whale fishing. Look for a waterproof binocular if you are planning to use them when out for fishing. Such binoculars will last long and will not be destroyed by water.
3: For Fun and to avoid using your binoculars
One of the best ways your child can enjoy playing outdoors is having best children binocular. They want to have fun using the devices with their friends. Look for a binocular that fits their face perfectly. It should also be durable because kids are subject to abuse the binocular when playing.
Kids will most likely to do what their parents do. If you have a binocular and your kids also accompanying you outdoors, the best thing you can do is to buy them their own binoculars. This will ensure that they do not use your expensive binoculars and end up damaging. Get them toddler binocular and you will all enjoy the beautiful outdoor scenes.
4: Affordable and comes with features of an adult binocular
Buying a kid’s binocular is affordable as compared to the adult hunting binocular. If you want your kids to enjoy the same view you get with your binocular, avoid buying toy binoculars. There are so many kid-sized binoculars that come with features found in an adult binocular. The fact that they are kids binoculars doesn’t necessarily imply that they should be under powered. Get them real binoculars with a child-friendly design to help them get a better focus too.
5: They have special features
Kid’s binoculars come in different designs and many special features. For instance, you will get models with flashlights to help them get a better focus at night. Other binoculars feature built-in cameras that help adventurous kids to take pictures of whatever they see that interest them. On top of that, they feature an ergonomic design and other great features that will ensure your kid gets the best from the binocular.
6: As a gift
As a parent, sometimes it can be hard to know the best gift to give to your child. If your kid is a naturalist, explorer or loves to be a scientist, the best gift you can buy them is a kid’s binocular. Such a device will help them get the brightest and exciting moments outdoors. They will enjoy hunting, bird-watching, stargazing or fishing with the binocular.
7: Shapes and designs
Binoculars for kids feature very attractive shapes and design suitable for kids. These are the major things that differentiate kids binoculars from the adult binoculars. They also have nice colors that kids will love. When you are buying a binocular for your kid, get them a device that they will love in terms of style and color.
Best Childrens Binoculars List 2020
There are so many reasons why you need to buy a kid’s binocular. Not only will you allow your child to engage in different outdoor activities but also help them get a unit that is compact. Give these little ones the chance to enjoy the beautiful views outdoors with a kid-sized binocular that is not too heavy for them. They will be in a position to see and magnify far away objects with ease.
Last update on 2020-10-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API